Large Database Restore

From: Lee Keel <lee(dot)keel(at)uai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large Database Restore
Date: 2007-05-17 13:19:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I am restoring a 51GB backup file that has been running for almost 26 hours.
There have been no errors and things are still working. I have turned fsync
off, but that still did not speed things up. Can anyone provide me with the
optimal settings for restoring a large database?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.