Re: Refactoring the regression tests for more independence

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Refactoring the regression tests for more independence
Date: 2022-07-22 22:58:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com> writes:
> Sorry about the confusion regarding the environment differences. GCC
> version is 8.3.0, Perl 5.28.1. All in all this is pretty much the
> default Raspbian 10 environment, something you would typically get
> after setting up your RPi 3 B+ using Raspberry Pi Imager and running
> `apt update`, nothing exotic. Please let me know if there are any
> other details of interest.

FWIW, I tried to replicate this locally on my own RPi3B+, using
current Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-1066-raspi aarch64).
No luck: it all works fine for me. We have at least one Raspbian
buildfarm animal too, and it's not been unhappy either. I suspect
there is something odd about your environment settings.