Re: fix warnings in 9.6, 10, 11's contrib when compiling without openssl

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Anton Voloshin <a(dot)voloshin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fix warnings in 9.6, 10, 11's contrib when compiling without openssl
Date: 2021-11-10 13:56:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 10 Nov 2021, at 11:14, Anton Voloshin <a(dot)voloshin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> The warning/error is about misleading indent in contrib/pgcrypto/imath.c's CLAMP macro:

This is upstream code in a stable branch formatted by pgindent at the time of
the release, I'm not sure the churn is worth it for fixing warnings for
non-standard compiler options here. I don't see any of these warnings skimming
logs in the buildfarm.

> In addition, 9.6 (unlike 10 and 11) gives four "array-parameter=" warnings about contrib/pgcrypto/sha2.c:

9.6 will be EOL from the release tomorrow, no more fixes are applied to that
branch.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/