Re: BUG #1200: VACUUM ANALYZE bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andr Otero" <andre(at)iee(dot)usp(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1200: VACUUM ANALYZE bug
Date: 2004-07-26 18:19:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Before I run the VACUUM ANALYZE command all query that use JOIN command
> return the error: ERROR invalid typeLen: 0.

You seem to have a rather badly broken copy of Postgres :-( Does it
pass the regression tests? (I'd bet not.)

PG 7.4 is known to run on Linux/Alpha, and since the report in the
"supported platforms" table is from someone at debian.org, I would
imagine that test was specifically on Debian. So it ought to work
for you. Perhaps you got a corrupted download, or used a buggy
compiler to build it, or some such.