Re: Why Not MySQL?

From: Malcontent null <malcontent(at)msgto(dot)com>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why Not MySQL?
Date: 2018-05-03 22:22:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com> wrote:

>Actually, I'd suggest you state the problem you're trying to solve first,
>rather
>than present the reasons you think PG can't handle the problem without
>showing your
>hand. Saying, "how can I implement the following solution to an unstated
>problem"
>rather than simply stating the problem seems ... well, impolite at first
>glance.

I admit that I may not be the clearest thinking individual on this planet but I thought I stated my problem in the original post to the best of my ability. I certainly wasn't trying to be rude. Here is a snippet from my original post.

"In a nutshell I want to use postgres as a back end to an access
database. This means that all collation done by postgres musht be case
insensitive including like clauses."

I left the all the spelling mistakes in place :)

Message To Spammers -- Game Over! Get spam-free email at http://www.MsgTo.com