Re: about the european pug

From: "Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about the european pug
Date: 2007-08-22 17:20:05
Lists: pgeu-general

On 8/22/07, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to know if someone has a plan or any idea about how we should start
> the work for the e-pug, and if he can share it in the mailing list, so we can
> discuss about.

Or what, as a PUG would we like to do? Obvious answer is that we should
promote PostgreSQL and help new users. And organize events such
as PgDay.

Question we have to answer, I think, are:
- how much 'legal' should we be? If we should register an organization,
how to make it Pan-European? Do we know of any Pan-European organization
similar in goals to ours? Pluses are that we could try get funding
from European
Union perhaps. Minus is that we would have to put some legal muscule into it...
- free for all or a membership fee?
- national sub-PUGs where applicable?

Regards,
Dawid