Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!

From: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Date: 2004-11-20 11:00:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:55:55 +0000, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I disagree... Most European countries currently have a very clearly
> defined second language - not always the ones that people might expect
> either; Hungary and the UK were somewhat exceptional for differing
> reasons. This isn't true of individuals, but is currently true of entire
> countries - of course, journalists either do or do not speak particular

Uhh? That's a news for me. I know there is for instance Switzerland
which IIRC has four official languages, but then again I do not think
'most European' have it. I certainly cannot name one for Poland
for instance -- sure, most people doing something with PostgreSQL
will speak English (the lingua franca of computing ;)), but then again
most peolpe would feel aghast if they saw Polish PostgreSQL
information in English. I _think_ this statement is also more or
less true for most of Central Europe. :)

Regards,
Dawid