Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and

From: novnov <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and
Date: 2006-11-28 18:29:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks for haning in there with me on this. I know the contrib modules stuff
is pgsql, not pgAdmin, but pgAdmin could probably be extended to allow for
simpler access to the template1 db. I'd guess that it could be loaded just
like any db and altered, though of course should only be exposed by special
request in a pgAdmin menu.

I've not actually reinstalled pgsql (8.1). What I did is to review the
screenshots I took of my installation process, and there wasn't any step (at
least that I captured) for contrib modules. Also, in the windows add/remove
one can reenter the pgsql setup process, which is a cool feature (not all
windows programs offer that reentry point). There is no contrib module
config area there either. It's possible that both my screenshots and the
add/remove programs thing skip the contrib module config section...but as
far as I can tell there is nothing to adjust. I hesitated to remove and then
reinstall pgsql because I thought it might intro some other odd variable
into my pgsql issues...but I will if somehow that does allow access to the
contrib modules that are loaded. I'll test on another pc.