Re: call function with different select statement

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Allie(dot)Hopkins(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: call function with different select statement
Date: 2006-05-13 03:24:20
Lists: pgsql-general

What is the return type of your function? To me it looks
CSNTExtractUserClearTextPw2 has something like "RETURNS custom_type"
whereas CSNTExtractUserClearTextPw has "RETURNS SETOF custom_type".
If you need rows (even if just 1 row), use "SETOF".

On May 10, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Allie(dot)Hopkins(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

> I'm working the Cisco ASC for wireless authentication and I'm having
> problems getting the ODBC results in a format the ASC server
> understands. I created a function that returns basic information
> for a
> given user. The ACS server issues the following command :
>
> select CSNTExtractUserClearTextPw2('cstest')
>
> This results in the following:
> (0,0,"CS Test Account","No Error",clearpass123)
>
> It just does not like this format.
>
> I noticed when I issue:
> select * from CSNTExtractUserClearTextPw('cstest');
>
> I get:
> csresult | csgroup | csacctinfo | cserror | cspsswd
> 0 | 0 | CS Test Account | No Error | tiger123
>

> This could be how the ACS server wants it, but I can't get this result
> format (multiple columns) from the issuing command coming from the ACS
> server.
>
> Does anyone know what format "recordset" really means?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL