cfbot is failing all tests on FreeBSD/Meson builds

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: cfbot is failing all tests on FreeBSD/Meson builds
Date: 2024-01-12 20:32:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It looks like every recent cfbot run has failed in the
FreeBSD-13-Meson build, even if it worked in other ones.
The symptoms are failures in the TAP tests that try to
use interactive_psql:

Can't call method "slave" on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/IPC/Run.pm line 2889.

I suspect that we are looking at some bug in IPC::Run that exists in
the version that that FreeBSD release has (but not, seemingly,
elsewhere in the community), and that was mostly harmless until
c53859295 made all Perl warnings fatal. Not sure what we want
to do about this.