Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch
Date: 2010-08-06 18:13:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Why wouldn't we just pass two text arrays to this function and be done
> with it?

That would work too, although I think it might be a bit harder to use
than one alternating-name-and-value array, at least in some scenarios.
You'd have to be careful that you got the values in the same order in
both arrays, which'd be easy to botch.

There might be other use-cases where two separate arrays are easier
to use, but I'm not seeing one offhand.