passing user defined data types to stored procedures

From: "Jay Howard" <jhoward(at)alumni(dot)utexas(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: passing user defined data types to stored procedures
Date: 2008-11-14 17:37:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Does the driver support passing UDTs as arguments to stored procs?

Suppose I have a class Foo that implements SQLData.

On the server side, I've created a composite type called "foo", along with a
proc that accepts a single "foo" argument and returns a "foo".

On the client side, I acquire a connection and set its type map such that
"foo" maps to Foo.class.

When I try to setObject(2, new Foo()) on a CallableStatement, I get that the
driver can't infer the SQL type to use for an instance of class Foo.

Have I screwed something up, or is this just not supported? The driver docs
didn't have much to say, that I could find.