dunction issue

From: "Alain Roger" <raf(dot)news(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dunction issue
Date: 2008-03-27 19:43:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

i have a problem solving my function trouble.
this function should return an email address stored in a table
(tmp_newsletterreg) based on a number (sessions ID).
if the session id is not find it should return a string corresponding to and
error.
if the email in found but already exists into another table (users), it
should also return a string value relative the this error.

here is my stored procedure.

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION cust_portal.sp_u_002(id_session character
> varying)
> RETURNS character varying AS
> $BODY$
>
> DECLARE
>
> ret_email CHARACTER VARYING(512) :='';
> usr_exists INTEGER := 0;
> usr_exists_2 INTEGER := 0;
>
> BEGIN
> set search_path = cust_portal;
>
> SELECT count(*) INTO usr_exists FROM tmp_newsletterreg WHERE
> tmp_usr_id = id_session;
> IF (usr_exists = 1) THEN
> SELECT email INTO ret_email FROM tmp_newsletterreg WHERE
> tmp_usr_id = id_session;
> IF (ret_email IS NULL || ret_email='') THEN
> RETURN ('-3');
> ELSE
> SELECT count(*) INTO usr_exists_2 FROM users WHERE users.email= ret_email;
> IF (usr_exists_2 = 0) THEN -- first try of user to get
> registered
> RETURN (ret_email);
> ELSE -- user already exists into users tables (several
> tries to register)
> RETURN ('-2');
> END IF;
> END IF;
> ELSE
> RETURN('-1');
> END IF;
> END;

if the session id is wrong, it works correctly.
however if the session id is correct it does not return me the email address
(even if it really exist into table tmp_newsletterreg / but not in table
users.)
so i think my eyes are tired, because i do not see an error...

thanks.
--
Alain