Re: 7.1beta3-2 RPMset uploading.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1beta3-2 RPMset uploading.
Date: 2001-01-19 07:04:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> Tom, try out a PPC build on this one. I know of one problem that I have
> to fix -- postgresql-perl fails dependencies for libpq.so (I backed out
> the patch to Makefile.shlib).

The backend seems to build OK, but the build fails in interfaces/perl5
because libpq-fe.h isn't found. The compiler is getting passed
-I/usr/include/postgresql, which might work if I'd already installed
the RPM, but that's tough when I haven't built it yet :-(

I dunno how to get the RPM build process to bypass perl support, so I
can't get any further than that ...