Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

From: Jeff Lanzarotta <delux256-postgresql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL PHP List <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2
Date: 2007-05-03 15:09:09
Lists: pgsql-php

OK, I finally got back to looking at this...

After looking into phpinfo() it looks like postgreSQL is not loaded
anymore which is what I figured since I un-installed all the postgreSQL
related rpms and then compiled and installed from source.

I really do not want to have to download the php source and compile it
with pg support if at all possible. There are way to many rpms related
to php already installed on this system.

After further investigation, it have found an rpm,
php5-pgsql-5.1.2-29.25.3.i586.rpm, that is for the version of php that
I have as well as pg 8.2. I am not really sure if this will work, but I
am trying to install this php5 rpm. When I do, it says that it needs
'libpg.so.4'.

Is there a way to generate libpg.so.4 from the postgreSQL source? Am I
going in the wrong direction with this little project?

Thanks.