Insertion Deferrable

From: 杨邕 <yayooo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Insertion Deferrable
Date: 2004-10-29 07:26:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

You told me restricted foreign key cannot deferable in PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 4.

* doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml, doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml,
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c, src/backend/commands/trigger.c:
Disallow referential integrity actions from being deferred; only
the NO ACTION check is deferrable. This seems to be a closer
approximation to what the SQL spec says than what we were doing
before, and it prevents some anomalous behaviors that are
possible now that triggers can fire during the execution of PL
functions. Stephan Szabo.

Take this test...
Restricted foreign key allows insertion deferrable,
And rejects deletion deferrable.

Why it is not symmetrical ?

Attachment Content-Type Size
schema.sql text/plain 5.1 KB