Re: Extracting hostname from URI column

From: ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extracting hostname from URI column
Date: 2007-09-12 03:16:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

Thanks, perfect! (though I'll have to look into the regex warning):

=> select substring( href from '.*://\([^/]*)' ) as hostname from url where id<10;
WARNING: nonstandard use of escape in a string literal at character 29
HINT: Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

So now I have this:
hostname
--------------------------
texturizer.net
texturizer.net
forums.mozillazine.org
www.mozillazine.org
devedge.netscape.com
www.google.com
groups.google.com
www.google.com
dictionary.reference.com

And what I'd like is something that would give me the counts for the number of occurrences of each unique hostname. Something much like `uniq -c'. Can anyone tell me how that's done or where I should look for info? (I'm not sure what to look for, that's the problem).

Thanks,
Otis