Re: Backup with Java

From: "Aaron Mulder" <ammulder(at)alumni(dot)princeton(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup with Java
Date: 2006-12-01 01:07:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Seems like a hybrid approach may be the most practical. If you dump
the DDL rarely (or whenever it changes) with pg_dump or a similar
DB-specific tool, then you could probably generate a frequent data
backup fairly easily with pure JDBC code. The only trick on the
restore would be to do it in an order consistent with the keys, and
again, you ought to be able to determine that via JDBC (or perhaps
determine that it's not possible, in which case maybe you manually
insert some statements to suspend RI during the import or whatever).

Thanks,
Aaron