Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, info(at)vital(dot)com
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]
Date: 1999-08-11 14:15:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> I have been using MicroEmacs for 9 years, and have been looking for a
> nice X editor. I looked at Xemacs(too complex to configure), and some
> others, but they did not have the required features.

I dunno about Xemacs, but regular GNU Emacs is no big deal to install;
at least it wasn't last time I did it. (I have notes from installing
19.34 on HPUX and SunOS, if you want 'em.) Recent versions do menus,
cut&paste, syntax-driven highlighting, etc.

If you're accustomed to an emacs-clone you probably won't be happy with
anything else. (But I've been using various flavors of Emacs since
'81, so I may be a tad biased...)