Re: Drivers users by connections

From: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>
To: "Hrishikesh (Richie) Rode" <hrode(at)livevox(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Rag Krishnan <rkrishnan(at)livevox(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Drivers users by connections
Date: 2023-06-06 11:20:47
Lists: pgsql-general

> On 06/06/2023 09:18 CEST Hrishikesh (Richie) Rode <hrode(at)livevox(dot)com> wrote:
>
> We are not able to find table which give session connection details about
> drivers. In pg_stat_activity details information is not there. Please let us
> know where we can find these information.

Column pg_stat_activity.application_name is the only one I know of that may
provide such details. But it relies on the driver setting application_name
when connecting. Some drivers set a default, e.g. pgjdbc, but also allow
overriding with a custom application name that may include additional info
such as driver version. But in the end application_name is just text without
any inherent structure.

--
Erik