Re: Re: Replace plain-memory ordered array by binary tree in ts_stat() function.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <Peter(dot)Eisentraut(at)Sun(dot)COM>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Replace plain-memory ordered array by binary tree in ts_stat() function.
Date: 2008-11-19 18:06:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
> Fixed, but my gcc didn't emit such message.

That's not actually too surprising. gcc's "uninitialized variable"
analysis is per-function, which means that its scope can change
depending on how much inlining the compiler chooses to do.
So you can see different warnings at different -O levels or on
different platforms.

Also, I think you don't get any such warnings at all at -O0 ...
which is why I always use at least -O1 even in debug builds.