Re: pgstat wait timeout

From: "Tomas Vondra" <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: "pratikchirania" <pratik(dot)chirania(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgstat wait timeout
Date: 2011-12-15 18:55:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 15 Prosinec 2011, 19:42, pratikchirania wrote:
> Size of pgstat.stat file: 86KB

That's pretty small.

> I did not understand the second part. Where do I get "iostat -x 1"
> message?
> (Its not present in any file in the pg_log folder)

iostat is not part of PostgreSQL, it's a tool used to display various I/O
metrics in Linux (and Unix in general). What OS are you using?

It seems the I/O subsystem is so busy it can't write the pgstat.stat on
time, so a warning is printed. You need to find out why the I/O is so
overutilized.

> I am using postgres 9.0.1

That's way too old. Upgrade to 9.0.6.

Tomas