Re: insensitive collations

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insensitive collations
Date: 2019-03-08 10:07:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-03-04 15:58, Daniel Verite wrote:
> For the LIKE operator, I think the fix should be that like_fixed_prefix()
> should always return Pattern_Prefix_None for non-deterministic collations.

Good catch. I added the fix to match_pattern_prefix() instead. That
would be the place to change if someone wanted to fix this properly in
the future. While testing this, I also found a somewhat related problem
with _pattern_ops operator classes, which also need to be prohibited
with nondeterministic collations.

Updated patch attached, also with some merge conflicts resolved.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-Collations-with-nondeterministic-comparison.patch text/plain 161.2 KB