Re: Partitioned checkpointing

From: Takashi Horikawa <t-horikawa(at)aj(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioned checkpointing
Date: 2015-09-11 01:37:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Feel free to do that. 200kB is well below this list's limits. (I'm not
> sure how easy it is to open .epsf files in today's systems, but .jpg or
> other raster image formats are pretty common.)
Thanks for your comment.

Please find two result graphs (for sync and async commit cases) in .jpg format.
I think it is obvious that performance dips were mitigated in both magnitude and frequency by introducing the partitioned checkpointing.

(In passing) one correction for my previous email.
> Storage: raid1 of 4 HDs (write back assumed using BBU) for $PGDATA/pg_xlog
> raid1 of 2 SSDs for $PGDATA (other than pg_xlog)
'raid1' is wrong and 'raid0' is correct.
--
Takashi Horikawa
NEC Corporation

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/jpeg 48.5 KB
image/jpeg 47.7 KB
smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature 6.5 KB