Re: dropping non-existent tables

From: "Walsh, Richard (Richard)" <richardwalsh(at)avaya(dot)com>
To: "mark reid" <pgsql(at)markreid(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dropping non-existent tables
Date: 2005-07-27 11:08:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for this Mark.
This seems like it will work well for TABLES and VIEWS. However I have
also other categories such as USER, GROUP and TYPE. For these I cant
seem to find out where they are in the information_schema in postgres.

There is no CREATE GROUP statement in the SQL standard, so this is
probably why it is not in the information_schema.
The CREATE USER and CREATE TYPE statements are PostgreSQL extensions. So
these may not be in the information_schema for this reason.

Has anyone had to deal with this before.
Thanks,
Richie.