EnterpriseDB OSX 9.0.2 PostgresPlus Installer

From: "Bill P(dot)" <maxarbos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EnterpriseDB OSX 9.0.2 PostgresPlus Installer
Date: 2011-03-23 15:16:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

Has anyone downloaded and used the OSX 9.0.2 PostgresPlus installer package from
EnterpriseDB?

I have done this and having issues trying to edit the postgresql.conf file as
well as the pg_hba.conf files using pgAdmin III that it comes with.
I have also tried to edit them trough the terminal and vi, but since pgAdmin
offers the ability to edit these files, I would like to do it through there.

Also, how do you shut down and start the server back up?
I am trying: 'pg_ctl -D /Library/PostgresPlus/9.0SS/data/ stop'
but getting:
'waiting for server to shut
pg_ctl: server does not shut down'

message. pgAdmin does not enable the 'start and stop' menu choices for me to do
it through there either.

i just took a PG Admin class but in there we used Linux and things were much
simpler to work with, so I assume that there is some sort or process or method I
need to use for this version of PG.

Thanks.