recursive SQL and with clause

From: chrisj <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recursive SQL and with clause
Date: 2006-11-15 18:45:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

I was just wondering when we could reasonably expect recursive SQL to be
added to Postgres?

I saw some posts from 2004 that made it sound like it was imminent, but I
guess something went wrong? I believe the WITH clause is a pre-requisite
for recursive SQL, however I do find the WITH clause also very useful in
decomposing very complex SQL into understandable chunks.