Re: Cannot Create a TableSpace on Windows XP

From: "Tino Didriksen" <tino(at)didriksen(dot)cc>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot Create a TableSpace on Windows XP
Date: 2004-12-04 15:52:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Jose Flores said:
> This is not postgres problem but i cannot find a place to assign "total
> control" or "write" access to user "postgres" to a specific folder. I
> don't remember if i can do it on windows xp sp1, but this means that all
> people that have win xp sp2 can create databases on default table spaces
> only; or can create tablespaces only on a shared folder (common place to
> all users who can write, delete, etc).

You have to disable Simple File Sharing in order to get ACL access.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/01disablesimplesharing.htm
has the steps:

1. Click Start | My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list of advanced settings and un-check
Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended).
3. Click OK.

-- Tino Didriksen / Project JJ