Query is slow when executing in procedure

From: "ramasubramanian" <ramasubramanian(dot)g(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query is slow when executing in procedure
Date: 2009-11-24 05:38:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

Dear all,
The query is slow when executing in the stored procedure(it is taking around 1 minute). when executing as a sql it is taking 4 seconds.
basically i am selecting the varchar column which contain 4000 character. We have as iindex on the table. We have analyzed the table also. What could be the reason. How to improve it?

Thanks in Advance
Ram