Re: Problem with declarative partitioning and COPY FROM

From: Ragnar Ouchterlony <ragnar(dot)ouchterlony(at)agama(dot)tv>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with declarative partitioning and COPY FROM
Date: 2017-01-11 14:58:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2017-01-11 13:24, Amit Langote wrote:
> There's a bug and has been reported on the -hackers mailing list as
> well. Please try your example after applying the patch 0002 attached
> with the following email:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/01bc4745-bac8-a033-96a1-8a42b45d2fc1%40lab.ntt.co.jp

Ok, that is good!

I tested the patch as is, but it did not make a difference. Then I read
the patch more carefully.

+ /*
+ * FIXME: We don't engage the bulk-insert mode for partitioned tables,
+ * because the the heap relation is most likely change from one row to
+ * next due to tuple-routing.
+ */
+ if (cstate->rel->rd_rel->relkind == RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE)
+ bistate = GetBulkInsertState();

The if-statement does not match how I read the comment. That is,
shouldn't it be "!=" rather than "=="?

I have tested using that change and now I get the results I expect.

/Ragnar Ouchterlony, Agama Technologies