Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this

From: novnov <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this
Date: 2006-11-13 21:36:36
Lists: pgsql-general

OK, thanks everyone, I gather from the responses that postgres performance
won't be an issue for me then. If MS SQL Server and Postgres are in the same
ballpark performance-wise, which seems to be the upshot of your comments, no
problem. I'd only have worried if there was something like the major
difference between the two with more complicated queries. I am puzzled by
the commentor's post to the article, it could be FUD of course but didn't
particularly sound like the commentor was anti pgsql.