table file size

From: Charlie Crissman <CCrissman(at)nbibx(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: table file size
Date: 2000-11-10 15:08:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

I recently learned that the file for a table (class) will grow to 1G and
then a new file ('tablename.1') will be created and the table will grow into
that one, etc...

Is this tunable in any way? Can we change that 1G value for growth or for
the base file?

I am able to put links in place for 'tablename.1', 'tablename.2', etc.. and
they are used without error as the table grows into them, but I would like
to not have 1G taken up by the base file before it grows and uses the links
I create.

Thanks, Charlie Crissman

Charlie Crissman
Sr. Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
No Boundaries Network, Inc.
904-245-6839
Pager 904-840-3684
mailto:CCrissman(at)nbibx(dot)com <mailto:CCrissman(at)nbibx(dot)com>
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.