Missing Postgres Database

From: "Bruce, Tim" <tim(dot)bruce(at)fiserv(dot)com>
To: <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Missing Postgres Database
Date: 2007-10-04 19:28:37
Lists: pdxpug

Hello all....

I'm doing some testing on a new server and there is no postgres
database. I can connect with the user postgres to the database
template1.

The version is 7.4.2

The initdb command creates template0 and template1. I've run initdb (as
user postgres) and initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data with the same results.

Any thoughts on how I can get out of this situation? Or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks for any help (or even a direction to research) you can provide
me.....

Tim