Re: Bug in psql - Postgresql 7.3.1?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "John B(dot) Scalia" <jscalia(at)cityblueprinting(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in psql - Postgresql 7.3.1?
Date: 2003-10-03 20:27:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

"John B. Scalia" <jscalia(at)cityblueprinting(dot)com> writes:
> UPDATE my_table SET field1='new_value' AND SET field2='different_value'
> WHERE my_table_id = 'key';

The other responses have focused on your obvious syntax error, but I'm
assuming you didn't actually cut-and-paste that from your psql session.

> in psql, it reports that it has successfully updated one record.
> However, the record does not appear to be updated when I subsequently
> issue a SELECT for that record.

I'm wondering if you are checking from another transaction that doesn't
think the first one is committed yet. Are you using BEGIN/END or
autocommit-off mode?