pg_dump gives segmentation fault and cores

From: replogle992(at)hotmail(dot)com (Andrew Replogle)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump gives segmentation fault and cores
Date: 2002-02-25 16:03:18
Lists: pgsql-general

when trying to run pg_dump dbname > dbname.db it runs for a few
minutes then gives the following output as well as a core dump:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

at which time I run gdb on it with the following output:

Core was generated by `pg_dump'.
#0 0x28084b8c in ?? ()

I am at a loss of what to do. I need to backup my database for fear of
some failure in the near future but cannot get past this issue. Any
suggestions or direction would greatly be appreciated.

Andrew