Re: Planning hot/live backups?

From: "Steve Poe" <steve(dot)poe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planning hot/live backups?
Date: 2008-03-24 22:49:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom,

So, are you saying we need to get to at least 8.1.x before considering PITR
for a production environment? Unfortunately, the vendor/supplier of
our veterinary application
does not support higher versions. We would be proceeding "at our own risk".

Is there anything else we can do we 8.0.15 version?

Steve