RE: Contribution to Perldoc for TestLib module in Postgres

From: "Iwata, Aya" <iwata(dot)aya(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Ramanarayana' <raam(dot)soft(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Contribution to Perldoc for TestLib module in Postgres
Date: 2019-04-11 02:10:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Ram,

I think this documentation helps people who want to understand functions.
>Please find the updated patch. Added to the commitfest as well
I have some comments.

I think some users who would like to know custom function check src/test/perl/README at first.
How about add comments to the README file, such as "See Testlib.pm if you want to know more details"?

In the above document, why not write a description after the function name?
I think it is better to write the function name first and then the description.
In your code;
#Checks if all the tests passed or not
all_tests_passing()

In my suggestion;
all_tests_passing()
Checks if all the tests passed or not

And some functions return value. How about adding return information to the above doc?

I find ^M character in your new code. Please use LF line ending not CRLF or get rid of it in next patch.

Regards,
Aya Iwata