function definition documentation

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: function definition documentation
Date: 2004-03-23 02:16:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am having an impossible time porting some simple Stored Procedures from Informix to postgres. The documentation is almost self defeating.

Are there any better descriptions of how to define functions that return several tuples to a wide variety of calling programs (e.g. I can't count on my users running the psql command line tool, but rather coldfusion, jsp etc.) ?

Thanks !

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC