Re: commit inside plpgsql function

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Dennis Sacks" <dennis(at)illusions(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commit inside plpgsql function
Date: 2004-12-24 22:18:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

Already been answered (by me) -- you can't do this in postgres 7.x or earlier -- procedures may not have begins/commits or rollbacks. Version 8.0 *may* be different -- I don't have it installed yet; it does allow for some nesting of transactions but I don't know if this is allowed. The 8.0 documentation on user defined procedures would probably say.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC