Re: "Idle in Transaction" and hung connections

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Idle in Transaction" and hung connections
Date: 2004-04-30 08:14:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Sounds like an excellent suggestion ... we'll get a copy of this release.

Do you know of any incompatabilities with postgres 7.4 ?

We can upgrade a server to 7.5 and the JDBC, put running some servers on 7.4/7.4 JDBC might be, uhm, difficult for me to sell operations (and we have only seen this problem in runtime). We might also be able to look at certain portions of the CVS code and see what changed and make backward patches ? (forwarding a suggestion from our engineering people)

Thanks,

Greg W.