Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble

From: "Stijn Vanroye" <s(dot)vanroye(at)farcourier(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <ogjunk-pgjedan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble
Date: 2004-04-23 07:14:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Indeed, it seems that I get the same result for a similar query.
I'm running version 7.3.4 on a rh 9 server.

Also: is the function date_part a function you wrote yourself? I get an error stating that the function date_part("Unknown",date) is not recognized.

It maybe not a solution to the actual problem but you could try this:
save the date and the time in two seperate fields. I use a similar construction for convenience.

Regards,

Stijn.