error on Database insert

From: "Seader, Cameron" <CSeader(at)idahopower(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error on Database insert
Date: 2003-11-27 19:16:16
Lists: pgsql-php

Greetings all,
I have been receiveing an error on database inserts stated below:

Bad int8 external representation "0x000000000002"

what is this all about, why won't it insert this data into my bigint field in my Database? What does it mean by external representation?
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks,

Cameron Seader
Operations Center Technician II
CSeader(at)Idahopower(dot)com
1.208.388.2582 Office

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A2