Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

From: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver
Date: 2005-09-16 01:53:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

In LIBPQ_execute_query():

qres->status = PQresultStatus(pgres);

In the bad primary key case, this returns PGRES_FATAL_ERROR.

Then, in SC_execute():

/* Check the status of the result */
if (res)
{
was_ok = QR_command_successful(res);
was_nonfatal = QR_command_nonfatal(res);
was_fatal = QR_command_fatal(res);

if (was_ok)
SC_set_errornumber(self, STMT_OK);
else if (was_fatal)
SC_set_errornumber(self,STMT_BAD_ERROR);

And STMT_BAD_ERROR is what returns 08S01 when I call SQLGetDiagRec.

I could really use some help with this...