Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

From: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>
To: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver
Date: 2005-08-19 00:41:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Another difference is the "state" that is returned from SQLGetDiagRec when a connection is lost during a query. This used to return 08S01. It now returns HY000. From the documentation it would appear that 08S01 is the correct return code in this case. I'm guessing the error codes are not implemented in the libpq version of the driver yet.

Also, SQLGetConnectAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD doesn't seem to work anymore.