Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
Date: 2023-02-11 23:54:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's a v3 of this patchset, incorporating your meson fixes as
well as patches for the portability problems you noted.

I ended up converting the test infrastructure into a TAP test,
which kind of feels like overkill; but the Meson system doesn't
seem to provide any lower-overhead way to run a test.

I've not touched the issue of whether and where to install
pg_bsd_indent; for now, neither build system will do so.

Also, for now both build systems *will* run tests on it,
although I'm not sure if plugging it into "make check-world"
is enough to cause the cfbot to do so, and I'm pretty sure
that the buildfarm won't notice that.

I'll let the cfbot loose on this, and if it runs the tests
successfully I plan to go ahead and push. We can resolve
the installation question later. We might want to back off
testing too once we're satisfied about portability.

(I left out the 0004 declaration-formatting patch for now, btw.)

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Import-pg_bsd_indent-sources.patch text/x-diff 186.2 KB
v3-0002-Sync-pg_bsd_indent-s-copyright-notices-with-Postg.patch text/x-diff 10.2 KB
v3-0003-Integrate-pg_bsd_indent-into-our-build-test-infra.patch text/x-diff 14.1 KB