Re: dbase restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bradley Brown <bradley(at)segrestfarms(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dbase restore
Date: 2002-03-20 20:52:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Bradley Brown <bradley(at)segrestfarms(dot)com> writes:
> When I try to restore th dbase I get the following on screen:

> "...NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> 'countries_pkey' for table 'countries' pqReadData() -- backend closed
> the channel unexpectedly.
> This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
> connection to server was lost".

Hmm, could you provide a debugger backtrace from the core file that
(hopefully) was left by the crashing backend?

Also, you might try running the dump script with debug_print_query
turned on, so that the log will show exactly what query triggers
the crash.

Or, you could just update to PG 7.2 and see if the problem goes away ;-)
7.0 is quite a ways back (especially if it's really 7.0 and not
7.0.something).