Re: SOLARIS 9 ULTRASPARC BUILD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: andrea(dot)martano(at)lighthousetc(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SOLARIS 9 ULTRASPARC BUILD
Date: 2004-08-10 19:23:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

andrea(dot)martano(at)lighthousetc(dot)net writes:
> attached are the regression.out and regression.diffs files from make check on a
> Ultra 2 dual 300MHz CPU running Solaris 9 OS.

This seems quite bizarre: ' -INFINiTY ' works but
'infinity' does not? Please try in psql

\set VERBOSITY verbose
SELECT 'infinity'::float4;

and send along the output.

My best guess about it is that strtod() is actively broken on your
platform, and is recognizing the "infinity" input but returning an
incorrect endptr. I seem to recall that we've heard of such bugs
before. Can you check for any updates from Sun that might affect
strtod()?