RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Jose' Soares Da Silva'" <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>, "'hackers postgres'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'general postgres'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Date: 1998-05-22 10:07:23
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

That sounds like a good idea.

How about having them stored in a new system table (say pg_errormsg) which
contains each possible error in all the supported languages. That way, you
can have multiple language support when users from different countries use
the same server?

I have done (in other projects), multiple language support in Java, and it's
quite simple to implement.

--
Peter T Mount, peter(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk, peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
JDBC FAQ: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres