Re: meson documentation build open issues

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: meson documentation build open issues
Date: 2023-04-05 10:24:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 15.03.23 08:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I have identified several open issues with the documentation build under
> Meson (approximately in priority order):

Some work has been done on this. Here is my current assessment.

> 1. Image files are not handled at all, so they don't show up in the
> final product.

This is fixed.

> 2. Defaults to website stylesheet, no way to configure.  This should be
> adjusted to match the make build.

This is fixed.

> 3. The various build targets and their combinations are mismatching and
> incomplete.

This has been improved, and I see there is documentation.

I think it's still an issue that "make docs" builds html and man but
"ninja docs" only builds html. For some reason the wiki page actually
claims that ninja docs builds both, but this does not happen for me.

> 4. There doesn't appear to be a way to install the documentation.

This has been addressed.

> 5. There doesn't appear to be an equivalent of "make world" and "make
> install-world" that includes documentation builds.

This has been addressed with the additional meson auto options. But it
seems that these options only control building, not installing, so there
is no "install-world" aspect yet.