Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13
Date: 2022-03-10 22:36:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Sorry for publishing a patch, which doesn't even compile.
> The attached version should be good.

OK, better.

So to clarify: we are going to back-patch as far as v13, and
then in the minor releases we are going to tell people they
need to REINDEX all gist indexes on ltree? If so, please
make that clear in the commit message, so I don't forget it
come May ;-)

Also, it looks like reindex is *not* required for indexes on
ltree[] ? That is, gist_ltree_ops indexes are affected but
not gist__ltree_ops?